Hudson Valley Credit Union’s mission is to create successful futures for our members, our employees, and our communities, one relationship at a time. Become a member and see what over 338,000 of your neighbors already know -- that HVCU membership offers the most affordable options to help you save, borrow, and manage your finances.
If you live, work, worship, volunteer, or attend school in Albany, Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, Rensselaer, Rockland, Saratoga, Schenectady, Ulster, or Westchester Counties, you are eligible to join Hudson Valley Credit Union.
Now Open in Cortlandt!
Come visit us in our newest branch location, located at Cortlandt Crossing, 3160 East Main Street. Click here for additional branch details.
Establishing Your Membership
Membership is established by opening a primary savings account in your name with as little as $.01 -- that's right, just one penny! Couple that with no minimum amount to open a checking account, and you can see it is pretty easy to get started here at HVCU. If you are interested in applying for a loan, you can also do that at the same time you apply for membership. You can visit one of our branches, or simply use our online application to join (must be age 18 or over to join online).
Enjoy the Credit Union Difference
While both credit unions and banks offer similar financial products, we have a different core value system and structure, which translate into a wealth of benefits for members including:
– Unlike banks, credit unions are owned by our members – the people who deposit with us and help us grow. Members elect a board of directors from among their fellow members. These unpaid volunteers ensure our products, policies, and processes are all in our members’ best interests.
– A credit union’s primary concern is its members’ financial well-being. Not-for-profit credit unions like Hudson Valley exist solely to meet the needs of their member owners. We invest our earnings back into the membership through higher dividends, more affordable loans, lower fees and expanded services.
– Since credit unions have always placed the importance of people over profit, this translates to investments in the communities we serve through financial education, community outreach, and charitable giving.
How Else Can We Help You Today?
We're Committed to Making Banking Easy for You
- Access your accounts at over 85,000 surcharge free ATMs nationwide.
- Talk or live chat with staff in our locally-based contact center.
- Manage your accounts 24/7 with our full suite of online banking and mobile wallet services.
- Conveniently obtain credit union financing directly at any of the car dealers in our partner network, including dealers in Westchester County. Be sure to tell the dealer you want to finance your car loan with HVCU, and we’ll send payment directly to them – and also coordinate your title and lien.
Membership Lasts a Lifetime
If you leave the Hudson Valley, your membership remains
and you can continue to take advantage of all of our services wherever you live.