Do I have to be an HVCU Internet Banking user to use Bill Pay?
You must be an Internet Banking user to use Bill Pay because the service itself is located within Internet Banking (along with our Mobile Banking app) If you are not an Internet Banking user, you can enroll today by calling us at 845.463.3011 or by stopping into any of our branches.
Can I use Bill Pay for accounts I am joint on?
You may only use Bill Pay for accounts that you are the primary account holder.
How are Bill Pay payments processed?
Once you are enrolled, your payments may be made in one of the following three methods:
Unfortunately, you do not have the ability to specify by which means above a payment is made, as the method is system generated. Our Bill Pay provider determines whether a payment is sent electronically or by check based on their guidelines.
As a general rule, payments should be scheduled five days in advance of the payment due date. The payment calendar used to schedule your payments highlights the earliest possible date that you can schedule a payment for a payee. Available payment dates are highlighted in green.
- An Automated Clearing House (ACH) may be used to electronically transfer your payments from your HVCU checking account(s) to your payees on the date you specify. These payments appear on your statement or Internet Banking account details as “Payee Name/Online Payment”.
- A check may be drawn directly on your HVCU checking account(s) and appear on your statement or Internet Banking account details as a check number starting in the 995XXX series. In this instance, a check is sent via the US mail to arrive at your payee location on or before your payment due date. This check will not clear your account until deposited by the payee.
- A check may be drawn against our Bill Pay provider’s corporate account and mailed to your payee. In this instance, funds are withdrawn from your account electronically on the payment date you specified. These payments appear on your statement or Internet Banking account details as “Payee Name/Online Payment”.
How do I know what payments have been made?
There are several ways to verify that a payment has been made:
- View your account details within Internet Banking and Mobile Banking to see which payments have cleared your account.
- View your payment history within Bill Pay itself. Click the “View payment history” link at the top right of the page to see up to 24 months of your payment history.
- Using Bill Pay’s Payment Reminders feature, set up email notifications for when your payments are made. To set up payment reminders, select the “Options” link under any of your payees.
- Set up a notification through our CUAlerts system so that you are notified when the funds for your payments have been debited from your checking account.
What if my payment due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Federal Reserve Holiday?
The scheduled payment is made on the preceding business day. For your reference, the following is a list of holidays when payments will not be processed:
New Year’s Day
Martin Luther King, Jr’s Birthday
Why did I receive the error message “Attempt to Enroll New Subscriber Failed”?
This error is most likely the result of not having an open checking account or valid email address or having an error in your first or last name fields within Internet Banking. Please contact us at 845.463.3011 to open a checking account or correct your information. You can also open a checking account online.
Why do I receive a “Page not found/ Broken link” screen when I click on the Bill Pay link?
If you are blocking third party cookies you will get this message. Change your browser settings to allow cookies and then restart your browser. Once you do this, you should be able to get to Bill Pay.
What is the monthly fee for this service?
Bill Pay is a free service for most members. Business members who have a Value Business Checking account pay $5.95 a month for unlimited payments bills.
Can I still use my paper checks to make payments along with Bill Pay?
Absolutely. Our Bill Pay service is like having a second checkbook for your HVCU checking account. Unique check numbers are used to distinguish checks sent through the service from the checks you write yourself.