Enrolling & Getting Started
Do I have to be an HVCU Internet Banking or Mobile Banking user to use Bill Pay?
You must be an Internet Banking or Mobile Banking user to use Bill Pay because the service itself is located within these services. If you are not an Internet Banking user, you can enroll today by calling us at 845.463.3011 or by stopping into any of our branches.
How are Bill Pay payments processed?
Once you are enrolled, your payments may be made in one of the following methods:
- An Automated Clearing House (ACH) may be used to electronically transfer your payments from your HVCU checking account(s) to your payees on the date you specify. These payments appear on your statement or Internet Banking account details as Payee Name: Online Pmt ID.
- A check may be drawn directly on your HVCU checking account(s) and appear on your statement or Internet Banking account details as a check number starting in the 995XXX series. In this instance, a check is sent via the US mail to arrive at your payee location on or before your payment due date. This check will not clear your account until deposited by the payee.
Unfortunately, you do not have the ability to specify by which means above a payment is made, as the method is system generated. Our Bill Pay provider determines whether a payment is sent electronically or by check based on their guidelines.
As a general rule, payments should be scheduled five days in advance of the payment due date. The payment calendar used to schedule your payments highlights the earliest possible date that you can schedule a payment for a payee. Available payment dates are highlighted in green.
How do I know what payments have been made?
There are several ways to verify that a payment has been made:
- View your account details within Internet Banking and Mobile Banking to see which payments have cleared your account.
- View your payment history within Bill Pay itself. Click the Payment History tab within the Bill Pay Dashboard at the top right of the page to see up to 24 months of your payment history.
- Set up a notification through our CUAlerts system so that you are notified when the funds for your payments have been debited from your checking account.
What if my payment due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Federal Reserve Holiday?
The scheduled payment is made on the preceding business day. For your reference, the following is a list of holidays when payments will not be processed:
|New Year’s Day
||Martin Luther King, Jr’s Birthday
What is the difference between payments that are set up for an eBill through Bill Pay versus one that I set up directly with a payee (on their website, for example)?
While both of these payments may be referred to as eBills, when we reference eBills, we are focusing on those eBills you set up through our Bill Pay. We aren't referencing those automatic payments initiated outside of our Bill Pay, directly with a payee.
Can I register to for eBills within the Mobile Banking app?
Enrollment in eBills is not available within our Mobile Banking app, and must be done through Internet Banking.
Why did I receive the error message “Attempt to Enroll New Subscriber Failed”?
This error is most likely the result of not having an open checking account or valid email address or having an error in your first or last name fields within Internet Banking. Please contact us at 845.463.3011 to open a checking account or correct your information. You can also open a checking account online.
Why do I receive a “Page not found/ Broken link” screen when I click on the Bill Pay link?
If you are blocking third party cookies you will get this message. Change your browser settings to allow cookies and then restart your browser. Once you do this, you should be able to get to Bill Pay.
What is the monthly fee for this service?
Bill Pay is a free service for most members. Business members who have a Value Business Checking account pay $5.95 a month for unlimited payments bills.