HV$end is a free service that lets you securely send money to family, friends, and other individuals in the United States — just as you might do through other online payment services, such as Venmo or PayPal. HV$end is perfect for sending money for shared expenses like rent or family plan phone bills, reimbursing friends for dinner, paying for services like lawn care or babysitting, and more. It’s easy to get started -- there is no app to download and no registration required. Simply log into Internet Banking or Mobile Banking
to access HV$end and send a payment from your checking or savings account.
Why Send Money with HV$end?
- HV$end is free to use and you are not charged a fee to send payments. Please note: Your recipient may be charged a fee based on how they choose to receive your payment.
- You can pay anyone with just a mobile phone number or email address, and recipients don’t have to be HVCU members.
- Recipients have the flexibility to choose where they want their money to go, whether to an HVCU account, account at another financial institution, or a debit card. Please note: Payments cannot be sent to credit cards.
- You can send payments any time of the day or schedule them for a date/time in the future.
- You can make one-time only payments or set up recurring payments, which makes it easy to pay for shared expenses like utility bills and rent, or ongoing services like lawn care and babysitting.
- HVSend’s Split Pay feature lets you pay multiple people at once, regardless of where they bank, eliminating the need to send separate payments to each person.
- Recipients never see your account information.
- Log into Internet Banking or Mobile Banking and click HV$end.
- Ensure your mobile phone number is enabled to receive SMS Text Messages. Visit the Contact area in Settings to enable SMS Test Messages.
- Set up a recipient if you haven’t paid the individual before. You can also save that recipient to make it easier to send funds to that individual again in the future. You’ll be sent a one-time passcode to validate the recipient you are adding.
- The recipient receives a payment notification by text or email with a secure link to accept their money. The recipient chooses where they want their money to go, whether to an HVCU account, account at another financial institution, or a debit card. Please note: Payments cannot be sent to credit cards.
- As a sender, you can set up email or text alerts to be reminded of upcoming payments and the status of payments you have already sent.
Payment Cutoff Times, Cancelling Payments, & More
- Your recipient will receive your payment in near real-time when you chose to have the funds sent to an HVCU account or a debit card. Your recipient will receive your payment in 1-2 business days if they chose to have the funds sent to an account at another financial institution.
- Payments made to HVCU accounts and debit cards cannot be cancelled. Payments made to an account at another financial institution can be cancelled until 5 PM ET. Funds are not withdrawn from your account when a payment is cancelled.
- For payments made to an HVCU account or debit card, funds are withdrawn from your account when your recipient accepts your payment. For payments made to accounts at other financial institutions, funds are withdrawn from your account the night before the due date of the payment.
- A recipient has seven days to claim their money, and they will receive text/email reminders that they have unclaimed funds waiting for them.
- Unclaimed payments are cancelled, and both the sender and receiver get a notification that the payment has expired. HV$end does not try to resend unclaimed payments. Any unclaimed payments must be rescheduled.
- Payments are not sent if you have insufficient funds in your account to cover the payment.
Can I Make Payments Through Zelle?
We are not presently a Zelle partner and are unable to offer this service to our members. While we understand that Zelle has a lot of brand recognition behind it, we do believe that HV$end has some distinct advantages over Zelle.
|Recurring payments are available
||Recurring payments are not available
|No app download required
||Recipient may need to download the Zelle app if their financial institution is not a Zelle partner
|No profile required
||Recipient may be required to create a Zelle profile if their financial institution is not a Zelle partner
|Real time payments can be sent to recipient’s debit card
||Real time payments are only available to a recipient’s account when their financial institution is a Zelle partner