Win $10,000 for Your Business
Ready to propel your business to the next level? Imagine what you could do with $10,000 – expand your product line, invest in infrastructure, hire more staff, or even launch a new marketing campaign. The possibilities are endless!
Submitting an entry to the 2023 HVCU Business Plan Contest
(#HVCU10kbizcontest) is as easy as 1,2,3.
- Complete the application.
- Submit a new or existing business plan. Just getting started? Download our business plan template.
- Meet with one of our Business Relationship Managers for a Business Plan Consultation on or before September 1, 2023.
Entries will be judged based on the businesses’ impact to the community, the challenges it faces in the market, and the viability, creativity, and quality of the business plan. See official rules for details.
What is the Business Plan contest?
Hudson Valley Credit Union is invested in bringing innovation forward by giving businesses a chance to bring new ideas to market and grow their business to scale with $10,000 cash.
What is the contest period?
The Business Plan Contest runs from May 10, 2023 to September 1, 2023.
What does your business need to be eligible?
- Have a valid business license and proper identification.
- Be an existing, for-profit business and an existing HVCU member or eligible for membership. (Businesses affiliated with HVCU or its employees are not eligible; see Official Rules for additional exclusions).
- Application and business plan have been submitted.
- Business Plan Consultation scheduled and completed.
What's the prize?
$10,000 cash to support and grow your business to scale.
What are the judging criteria?
The submissions will be judged based on the following criteria in its absolute and sole discretion: description of the business and its services/purpose in the community, the business’s clients/customers served within the community; strategic/financial/logistical challenges and needs of the business; and the viability, creativity, and presentation quality of the business plan. The business’s membership status at HVCU or decision to open an account with HVCU will not factor into the judging of the prize winner.
Submit your business plan and enter for a chance to win $10,000 in our 2023 HVCU Business Plan Contest. View Official Rules»
Our Commitment to Business
We believe in responsible banking and we’re dedicated to working with integrity. For us, it’s about building relationships that support the growth of your business, with the right balance of accounts and financing. As your trusted financial partner, you can be sure that your HVCU business accounts will work as hard as you do. Browse business solutions»
Looking for a Coach or Mentor? Tap into These Local Business Organizations: