The health and safety of our members and employees remains our top priority. As we are notified any of our staff test positive for the COVID-19 Coronavirus, we take immediate action to protect you and their coworkers. Please review the information below regarding branch closures.
These are very difficult times and we’re grateful to the many healthcare workers who are tending to our staff as well as our entire community. We are taking every precaution to continue serving you at this time, and we greatly appreciate your understanding and patience with us. Thank you.
Hopewell Junction Branch Closed
We were notified August 5, 2020, that an employee who works in our Hopewell Junction Branch tested positive for the COVID-19 Coronavirus. This employee is receiving medical attention and will continue to be quarantined. With Department of Health guidance and out of an abundance of caution, we are taking the following steps:
- The Hopewell Junction Branch is closed and will reopen on Wednesday, August 12, 2020. This will allow time for additional, extensive disinfecting using NY Department of Health approved disinfecting agents, as well as provide our staff time to self-quarantine.
- We are reaching out to members who conducted any transaction at the branch between July 22nd and August 5th to notify them of this situation and encourage them to seek medical guidance.
- As our ATMs have been regularly disinfected, including those at the Hopewell Junction Branch, members may still use the ATMs if needed.
Hopewell Junction Branch Closing FAQs
Which employee contracted COVID-19?
To ensure patient privacy, we cannot identify the employee, however the person’s positive test was confirmed on August 5th, and we took immediate action to protect other staff and members.
I visited the Hopewell Junction Branch recently. Am I at risk?
Out of an abundance of caution, any member who visited the Hopewell Junction Branch including the ATMs between July 22nd and August 5th should seek medical advice. Your doctor is the best person to give you guidance if you should self-quarantine.
How do I know if I came in contact with this staff person when I visited the branch this month?
To ensure patient privacy, we cannot identify the employee, however out of an abundance of caution, any member who visited the Hopewell Junction Branch including the ATMs between July 22nd and August 5th should seek medical advice. Your doctor is the best person to give you guidance if you should self-quarantine.
How do you know other staff didn’t catch it?
We are asking the staff at the Hopewell Junction Branch to seek medical advice, but all are on a precautionary quarantine. That is one reason why we are keeping the branch closed until Wednesday, August 12th.
What measures are you taking to make sure your staff and members are safe?
We are taking a variety of precautions including:
- Controlling branch lobby access to allow a limited number of people inside at one time.
- Practicing social distancing for all transactions, including when our staff are working with each other.
- Requiring all staff and vendors in branches to wear a facial covering over their nose/mouth area and gloves.
- Requiring all members coming to a branch for a lobby transaction to wear a facial covering over their nose/mouth as well as practice social distancing.
- Providing hand sanitizer and disinfecting products as needed.
- Reminding staff and members of the CDC guidelines for good hygiene.
- Giving all offices stronger than usual daily cleaning using NY Department of Health approved disinfecting agents.
How are you cleaning the branch?
All of our branches have been receiving stronger than usual daily cleaning using NY Department of Health approved disinfecting agents. The branch is closed until Wednesday, August 12th, to ensure staff also have time to self-quarantine.