A special thank you to all our members for your patience and understanding these past several months as we’ve transitioned services to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. The essence of a credit union is “people helping people,” so at times like this when so many are struggling, we know you need us more than ever. We refuse to let this virus weaken our financial cooperative. As we begin to resume more services, we will rise above this time together as a financial family to ensure members and staff are able to thrive in our new post-COVID era.
Below is important information about what you can expect as we resume operations. Please note that we continue to need your cooperation and patience. We still need to maintain all good practices for social distancing and safety precautions, so thank you for reviewing the details below and helping us maintain a healthy environment.
Resuming In-branch Visits
Our goal is to return slowly to normal HVCU business activities while maintaining a healthy environment for employees and members. To achieve that, we are operating in a phased approach:
All 20 of our branches currently offer lobby services by appointment only, including:
- New membership applications
- New account opening
- Loan applications
- Mortgage and Home Equity closings,
- Emergency reissue of Debit and ATM Cards,
- Notary Services (also available virtually – ask us how),
- Loan documentation that cannot be done digitally
- Signature Guarantee
- Coin and cash orders for HVCU business members
If you need one of these services, please call the Contact Center at 845.463.3011 or send a secure email
and we will make an appointment for you and provide you with further instructions. We kindly ask that members check their temperatures prior to a scheduled appointment, and if you have a fever of 100° F or above, are demonstrating any symptoms of COVID-19, or simply do not feel well, please reschedule the appointment. Please stay home for your sake as well as the sake of our employees and other members.
What You Can Expect
- Branches will have portable plexiglass barriers for face-to-face appointments.
- Also visible will be directional path signage and social distancing markers to ensure 6’ of space between people.
- All branch staff will continue to wear masks or face coverings and gloves, and we will require all members to wear masks or face coverings as well. We appreciate your understanding that without this precaution, we cannot offer you in-branch service.
- Members arriving for in-branch appointments will be asked to wait in their vehicles; our staff will call you in when it is safe to begin your appointment.
- If you are traveling to your appointment with others, please note that we can only allow two people (you and one other) into the lobby for your appointment.
- Drive-up teller services will continue as they have been since mid-March, until we are able to ensure we can safely open our in-branch teller lines.
- Our headquarters staff began returning to work in stages beginning June 1st. Many services are being provided remotely with good success as we do everything we can to limit delays.
Throughout this process, we will rely on expert guidance offered by numerous agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and analogous state agencies, the Department of Labor, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (“OSHA”), and our State and local health officials. We will be mindful of the data available to ensure continually that we maintain safe environments.
We have been educating our staff on best practices to reduce the spread of COVID-19, including daily temperature readings, staying home if they feel ill, and practicing zealous hand washing and social distancing. We will also be taking all employees’ temperatures every day as they arrive for their shifts, sending anyone with a 100° or higher reading home as a precaution.
Just last year, we became a New York State chartered credit union in order to ensure our future growth. Those plans continue unabated. As your financial partner, we intend to maintain our course for future success, all the while ensuring that the safety and soundness of our cooperative endures. Simply put – we will not allow this virus to diminish our ability to serve you well now and in the future.
Our staff continues to work on innovative priorities to improve the products and services we offer you, your families, and your businesses. We also continue to develop our staff and their skills through increased training and educational opportunities for them to grow. We are grateful for the dedication of our more than 800 staff, and on behalf of all of them, we wish you good health and say that we hope to “see” you soon.