On November 30th
, HVFCU will debut our new and much improved MAGIC phone banking system. You’re just a call away from your accounts 24/7 with MAGIC, so it’s a convenient and efficient way to transact business (even if there’s no Wi-Fi for your mobile app!). Best of all, your member feedback helped us design this new system, providing additional features and a more robust set of menus
to make phone banking even easier. Whether you’re a true MAGICian or a first-time user, check out the new options available on November 30th
Tips for using the new MAGIC
- Menu Navigation – Faster transaction and inquiries with real time menu choices – no need to wait for a prompt. Once you’re familiar with the menu structure, make your choices as quickly as you need to.
- Balance Information – If you have an item that’s pending like a debit card transaction or a check hold, MAGIC now tells you both your actual and available balance, which makes for better record-keeping.
- Transfers – Transfer from joint accounts, even if your accounts have different member account numbers.
- Account History – Hear more transaction history at once; you can even select the number you’d like to hear (up to 10 at a time). Narrow down your history further by specifying the type of transaction, a single or range of cleared checks, or ATM and ACH transactions.
- Loan Information – Payment amounts, due dates, and the ability to make payments are all now among the loan details available, including your credit card and mortgage accounts.
- More New Features – Obtain year-to-date totals for dividends earned, interest paid, as well as IRA contributions.
- A list of your available accounts and loans plays automatically if no choice is made.
- When entering transfer amounts, a decimal point/special character is no longer necessary (i.e. $10.00 will be entered as 1000).
- Leading 0’s are dropped for account and loan IDs (for example Savings 0001 is Savings 1, Checking 0201 is Checking 201, and Loan 0003 is Loan 3).
- Each menu or sub-menu offers the option to either return to the previous menu or the main menu.
While speech recognition will not be available with MAGIC, you’ll be able to key in your options faster as there’s no need to wait for the menu list to finish prompting you.