Get Started With Bill Pay
- Pay your bills within Internet Banking or on the go with our Mobile Banking app.
- Managing bills online instead of using paper checks and statements adds convenience to your life and reduces the amount of paper waste in U.S. landfills.
- Securely receive, pay, and track all of your bills online – avoiding the need to write checks, mail bills, or pay for postage.
- For companies that accept electronic payments, your funds are automatically withdrawn from your HVCU checking account on the date you schedule your payment to be made.
- If you have more than one checking account, you can select which account to make your payments from. Checking accounts are the only accounts that can be used to make your payments within Bill Pay.
- To insulate our membership from the impacts of fraud, our daily Bill Pay limits are a maximum of $10,000 per bill, not to exceed a daily limit of $30,000.
Bill Pay Features
This feature allows you to pay a bill directly from the Dashboard within Internet Banking when you log into your accounts. If you are a Bill Pay user, look for the Quick Bill Pay feature on the right side of the page of the Dashboard. Click the drop down menu to make a single payment to any payees you already have set up within Bill Pay. Click the Bill Pay menu from the Transfers & Payments menu at any time to use all the features and functionality within our Bill Pay system.
Some payees (primarily large merchants) can receive your payment the day after you schedule it. The payment calendar used to schedule your payments shows the available payment dates highlighted in green.
To protect your account information, you are asked to verify your identity each time a new payee is added.
View up to 24 months of your payments in both Internet Banking and Mobile Banking.
Our system shows you the date your payment will be made and the Delivery Method for your payment -- whether electronic or paper check. Bill Pay indicates when your payment is expected to arrive at your payee. When scheduling payments, please pay attention to the Delivery Method noted. Funds for an electronic payment are debited from your checking account on the date you schedule the payment to be made. Funds for a payment sent by paper check are debited from your checking account when the check is cashed and clears your account.
The Bill Pay Dashboard aggregates a list of your payees, the next 30 days of scheduled payments, and recent payments into a single view
The MultiPay tab within Internet Banking lets you easily schedule one-time payments to multiple payees at once. If you want to view all of your payees on page, you can do that on the MultiPay tab as well.
Download your payment information as a .CSV file from the Payment History page.
There are two types of Bill Pay payments available:
- One-time only payments – Scheduled for a specific date and paid only once. Any Bill Pay payment can be set up as a one-time only payment.
- Recurring payments – Payments can be set up to process on a weekly, monthly, or yearly frequency. Payments that are the same amount from one billing cycle to the next can be set up as recurring payments. Once set up, a circular arrow symbol appears near the payee’s name.
|Payment Services Comparison||Overview||Limits|
|Use this service to securely receive, pay, and track bills online. You can pay both personal and business payees.||
$10,000 per transaction
|Person-to-person payment solution. Use your HVCU savings or checking account to send money with just a recipient's email address or mobile phone number. Recipient's don't have to be HVCU members. Recipients can choose where they want their money to go, whether to an HVCU account, account at another financial institution, or a debit card.||
$1,000 per transaction
|Make electronic payments to your HVCU loans with accounts from other financial institutions.||
- Any bills that you receive electronically within our Bill Pay are called eBills.
- Allows participating companies to send your bills electronically through Bill Pay, at no additional cost.
- You can sign up for eBills as you add new payees or you can do so at a later time by clicking the Get eBill link next to a payee’s name (if the payee offers eBills.)
- Some payees, such as Capital One, Chase, Kohl's, and US Bank/Elan Financial Services, are moving away from offering eBills and have discontinued the service for their customers. These companies prefer you set up electronic bills, statements, and automatic payments via their own websites.
- Some payees offer eBills through our Bill Pay, but also require you take action on their own websites. Payees of this nature include Macy's, Target, Central Hudson, Discover, and State Farm.
How do I know if I’m enrolled in eBills?
When you look at your payees in Bill Pay, you can see an indicator under the payee name that shows your eBills status. If there is no indicator, your payee does not offer eBills. If you are already enrolled in eBills, you may see text that indicates you are waiting for your next eBill or your next eBill payment is due. If your payee offers eBills, but you are not enrolled, you will see a Sign up for eBill link.
What is the difference between payments that are set up for an eBill through Bill Pay versus one that I set up directly with a payee (on their website, for example)?
While both of these payments may be referred to as eBills, we are only referencing those eBills that you set up through HVCU Bill Pay. Please speak with your payees directly if you have questions about eBills that you initiated outside of our Bill Pay service.
What happens when I unenroll in eBills?
Your request to unenroll in eBills is sent automatically to your payee for processing. Once processed, your payee will send you paper bills, which you will continue to receive until you reestablish the eBill in our Bill Pay service.
Do I need to contact my payees by phone or email to unenroll in eBills?
You do not need to contact your payees, as notification is provided to the payees when you unenroll from an eBill. You will receive paper bills from the payee until you reenroll in eBills in the new Bill Pay service.
Can I register for eBills within the Mobile Banking app?
Enrollment in eBills is not available within our Mobile Banking app, and must be done through Internet Banking.