Financing for Newly Established and Growing Businesses
Hudson Valley Credit Union works in partnership with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and local third-party lending affiliates to provide funding for startups and growing businesses.
SBA Guaranteed Loans
Start or expand your business with financing backed by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). SBA-guaranteed loans offer competitive terms and are designed to help you propel your business forward.
Provides short and long-term working capital, to purchase equipment, construction, or renovation projects. Hudson Valley Credit Union works collaboratively with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to provide up to 90% financing on commercial loans for new and growing businesses.
- Term loan amounts up to $5 million are available
- Up to 85% SBA guarantee
- Flexible terms with longer maturities and less money down
- Refinance current business debt
Designed to help growing businesses add fixed assets to their portfolio including land, buildings, or equipment. Under this program, HVCU will finance 50% of the project cost, the SBA provides 35-40%, and the borrower is responsible for the remaining 10-15%.
- Up to 90% funding on project costs
- Longer loan amortizations and no balloon payments
- Save money with competitive fixed rates
- 10-and 20-year maturity terms available
Community Capital NY
Community Capital NY believes in inclusive and equitable economy where all people can build wealth and contribute to a productive and thriving economy. By providing capital to small businesses throughout the Hudson Valley and affordable housing developers across New York State, they create pathways to social justice, wealth-building, and resilient neighborhoods.
A critical part of their mission is to prioritize lending to people who have faced challenges getting funding from traditional financial institutions. Specifically, this includes People of Color, women, veterans, people from rural areas, entrepreneurs with lower incomes, and nonprofit affordable housing developers.
For more than 65 years, Pursuit, formerly known as New York Business Development Corporation, The 504 Company, and Excelsior Growth Fund, has offered innovative lending solutions to help business owners in CT, NY, NJ, and PA follow their dreams. Their mission is simple: to provide businesses with affordable loans and resources so that they can reach higher, transform, and grow.
From start-up and working capital loans to commercial real estate financing, Pursuit has lending products that can aid in funding your ambitions.
Looking for a Mentor? Tap Into These Local Business Organizations
- Your regional Chamber of Commerce
- Your regional SCORE chapter
- Mid-Hudson SBDC
- Th!nk Dutchess Alliance for Business
- Dutchess County Industrial Development Agency (IDA)
- Women’s Enterprise Development Center
- Association of Women’s Business Centers
- Dutchess County Women In Business (DCWIB)(Opens in a new window)
- BNI: Business Networking International(Opens in a new window)
- Westchester County Association
- Hudson Valley Economic Development Council(Opens in a new window)
- Putnam County Economic Development Council
- Ulster County Office of Economic Development
- City of Newburgh Industrial Development Agency (IDA)
- Orange County Partnership
Important Legal Disclosures & Information
All company names are the registered trademarks of their original owners.