Online Services Support, FAQs, & Disclosures
Mobile Banking Two-Factor Authentication
We encourage you to switch to a 2FA application as your primary method of two-factor authenticator as it is the most secure method of authentication. If you have the opportunity to disable your email address as a 2FA authentication option, you should do so to further secure and protect your online access and HVCU accounts.
Security & Fraud Resources
Here are a few security and fraud resources for your reference. You can find additional resources in our Learning Center.
- Red Flags for Banking Fraud
- Keeping Your Devices Secure
- Banking Phone Scams
- Child Cyber Security
- Banking Email & Website Awareness
- Federal Trade Commission Info on the Latest Scams
- Social Security Number Misuse
Frequently Asked Questions
We've compiled a list of popular questions for Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, Bill Pay, and eStatements.
Quicken & Quickbooks Resources
Please refer to the following resources for assistance with Quicken and Quickbooks.
Adding Third-party Cookie Exceptions & Trusted Sites for Internet Banking & Bill Pay
Review step-by-step instructions for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
Online Banking Disclosures
- Online Banking Disclosure and Agreement
- Business Online Banking Disclosure and Agreement
- Electronic Records Disclosure and Agreement
- Bill Pay Service Agreement Terms and Conditions
- ACH Origination Addendum to the Internet Banking Disclosure and Agreement
- Card Controls Terms and Conditions
- Personal Financial Management Service Agreement Terms and Conditions
- Remote Deposit Capture Services Agreement Terms and Conditions
- Account Aggregation Agreement Terms and Conditions
- Wire Transfer Agreement
- Apple Pay Terms and Conditions
- Google Pay & Samsung Pay Terms and Conditions
Important Legal Disclosures & Information
All company names are the registered trademarks of their respective owners.