Click the button below to open a new account online. You will be directed to the appropriate application based on whether you are currently a member or a new member. Please note: If you are opening a Teen Checking Account or College Savings Account for a minor who is not already an HVCU member, select "No" when answering the question that asks if you are currently a member.
Open an Account Online
What to Expect When Applying
- If you establish your membership online, you are required to open a primary savings account in addition to any other accounts you may choose to open.
- You will need one of the following ID Types to open an account online:
- State Driver’s License
- State Non-Driver’s ID
- Military ID
- Permanent Resident Card (I-551)
- Employee Authorization Card (I-766)
- You can open accounts online with joint members.
- When you become a member, we request that you complete our Signature Verification Card so that we have your signature on file for verification purposes.
- If you open an account outside of normal business hours, it will appear in your accounts list within two business days.
Funding Your New Accounts
We offer three options to fund your new accounts:
- Pay with a credit card
- Transfer funds from an institution other than HVCU
- Transfer funds from an existing HVCU account
Please note: If you are opening your account(s) with an electronic transfer of funds from an account at another financial institution, you will need to validate two small deposits and two small withdrawals that we make from that account. You will receive an additional email from us with further instructions about this process. Once validated, the funds will be deposited to your new account.
Check the Status of Your New Account/Loan Application
Some new account and loan applications are instantly approved by our system, but if yours is not one of those applications we’ll provide a status update via email, when available. Additionally, you can check the status of your application online as follows:
- If you are an Internet Banking or Mobile Banking user, log in and click the New Account/Loan App widget/menu option. Click the Check Status button..
- If you are not an Internet Banking or Mobile Banking user, please check your status as follows:
- For new accounts, click the Track Account Application link from the Personal / Accounts menus on our website. Enter your info and click the Get Status button.
- For loan applications, click the Track Loan Application link from the Personal / Loans menus on our website. Enter your info and click the Get Status button.
Here are the status designations you may see when checking your application:
- Approved/Instant Approved: You can proceed with your new account or loan.
- Pending/Referred: A decision will be made within 24-48 hours.
- Declined/Instant Declined: Written notification will be mailed to you.