APY=Annual Percentage Yield. The APY is 0.02%, effective as of 7/1/21, and is subject to change without notice. The minimum balance to open a Teen Checking is $0.00. An adult at least 18 years of age must be joint. Minor must also have a Primary Savings account with a $.01 minimum balance. Fees could reduce earnings. Government-issued ID for minor is required to open the account. School IDs are not an acceptable form of ID for account opening.
At HVCU, we know that smart financial habits start early. That’s why we’ve created our new Teen Checking Account – to help some of our youngest members learn to spend wisely. Our Teen Checking Account offers all the benefits of our traditional checking account, including a Visa® Debit Card, Mobile Wallet, and access to the HVCU mobile app. It’s a great stepping stone on the road to financial stability in adulthood.
- Available to members ages 13-17
- Adult 18 or older must be joint on account
- Internet Banking & Mobile Banking access
- No monthly fees
- Quarterly educational emails
- At the end of the month that the minor turns 18, the account automatically converts to a traditional checking account and the joint owner is removed
Open an Account
You can open a teen checking account online or in any of our branches
Open a Teen Checking Account Online