NYCUA Scholarship Contest Winners
These 10 high school seniors are about to embark on a new chapter in their academic journey. Congratulations to the winners of our 2023 Scholarship Program with the New York Credit Union Association!
Congratulations to our top three statewide winners: Orr Teva of Connecticut IB Academy; Kayla Joseph of Our Lady of Lourdes High School; and Miranda Spath of John Jay High School! Orr will attend Williams College; Kayla will attend Barnard College; and Miranda will attend SUNY Binghamton. These top three winners, along with seven additional winners below, received $19,500 total in scholarships; $18,000 of which came directly from HVCU.
- Amanda Johnson of Spackenkill High School, attending Cornell University
- Suhaan Akula of Brewster High School, attending United States Military Academy West Point
- Charlotte Garrand of Georgia's Flowery Branch High School, attending Georgia Institute of Technology
- Noah Bové of FDR High School, attending Cornell University
- Elizabeth Jukowski of FDR High School, attending Wagner College
- Madisyn Rivera of Valley Central High School, attending SUNY Binghamton
- Joseph Ponesse of Newburgh Free Academy, attending SUNY Cortland
Information on next year’s Scholarship Program will be shared this fall. For more information about HVCU’s scholarships and grants, please visit hvcu.org/scholarships.