Internet Banking and Mobile Banking provide a two pronged approach for accessing your accounts electronically – anywhere you are, day or night. Internet Banking and Mobile Banking use the same username and password to login, so you can use either system, or both – the choice is yours.
Enrolling in Internet Banking & Mobile Banking
Self-registration is available for new, personal users if we have an email address on file for you. Self-registration is not available for new business users, so if you are a business member, please call us at 845.463.3011 option 7 or stop into any branch
Username & Password Resets
Internet Banking and Mobile Banking use the same username and password, so if you have trouble logging into either system, you are resetting your access for both.
If you are someone who likes additional layers of security, you can enable two-factor authentication so that you are prompted to enter a verification code each time you login to Internet Banking or Mobile Banking. You can receive the code by phone call, text, or email. Go to Security within Settings to manage your two-factor authentication preferences. If you "remember" a device during login, you won't be prompted to enter a verification code the next time you log into your accounts.
You can enable biometric authentication (fingerprint or facial recogniton) as part of your initial login to our Mobile Banking app, if available on your mobile device. Go to Touch ID within Settings on the app to enable this feature. Biometrics must be enabled on your device in addition to enabling them in our app. If you have two-factor authentication enabled, you will not be prompted to enter a verification code when logging in with fingerprint or facial recognition.
Supported Browsers & Systems
Please note: Our Mobile Banking supports the latest two iOS versions and as far back as Android version 6. Additionally, Internet Banking does not support Internet Explorer 11. If you use IE11, you can use Internet Banking but some features and functionality may not work optimally. Microsoft’s default browser is Edge, and that is the browser they support. To protect the security of your information and for a better user experience, we recommend using supported browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you use Internet Explorer, you can determine which version you are using by selecting About Internet Explorer from the your browser Help menu.
Internet Banking & Mobile Banking Functionality
Internet Banking and Mobile Banking share most of the same features, but there are some differences between them. Below is a comparison of the features available in each system.
If your accounts are in good standing, you can use Mobile Deposit to make deposits via your mobile device anytime, anywhere.
- Deposit checks securely and directly into your HVCU saving, checking, or tiered money market accounts.
- There may be a delay of approximately five minutes between when you deposit a check and when the deposit info shows within your account details. If you don't see a deposit, you may want to log out of the app and back in to see the deposit.
- Our app provides warning messages when errors with deposits are detected. When issues are identified, this helps you correct them before submitting your checks for deposit. Warning messages may indicate that a check image is too dark or the endorsement on the back of the item is not detected. Some devices will even let you choose between manual and automatic image capture.
- Get confirmation on your mobile device for each successful deposit.
- You can deposit $10,000 per day and up to $30,000 over a rolling 30 day period.
- Always write "For Mobile Deposit Only" or "For HVCU Mobile Deposit Only" along with your member account number and account ID under your signature. In lieu of writing either of these phrases, you can also check the preprinted mobile deposit checkmark, if printed on your check.
- The first $200 of your deposit is generally available immediately and the remainder of the deposit is available the second business day after the day of your deposit. For example, if you deposit a $700 check on a Monday, $200 is available on Monday, with the remaining $500 available on Wednesday. Longer delays may apply under the following circumstances:
- We believe a deposited check will not be paid
- You deposit checks totaling more than $5,000 on any one day
- You redeposit a check that was returned unpaid
- You have repeatedly overdrawn your account in the last six months
- There is an emergency, such as a failure of computer equipment
- Please refer to the funds availability policy in our Truth in Savings Disclosure & Account Agreement for additional information.
- Please retain any checks you deposit through Mobile Deposit for 62 days. After that period you can destroy them securely.
- Having trouble capturing your check image? view these troubleshooting tips for better images and usage.
- View our Mobile Banking & Mobile Deposit FAQs and our Mobile Deposit Services Agreement for more info.
Enhanced user settings give you options to customize your online banking experience, including:
- Customize your background image from over 20 pre-loaded images
- Add a profile image (of yourself or perhaps your favorite pet)
- Add external accounts, hide accounts, and reorder accounts within a category on your account dashboard
- Change the names on accounts and give them nicknames
- Update your contact information, including your primary, mailing, and alternate addresses, your email address, and your home, work, and mobile phone numbers
- Revoke tokens in the event your phone is lost or stolen
Click the Settings
option within our new systems to customize the above features (the image below is from within Internet Banking). Some features are applicable to Internet Banking only or may only be customized within Internet Banking. You may need to refresh your page to see any changes you make to your settings.
If you are more of the texting type, you can get your account balances through our Text Banking service. You can enroll in Text Banking through the Contact
tab within within Internet Banking Settings
. Add or confirm your mobile phone number and then set it up for SMS Text Banking (see checked boxes below). You’ll receive a text to confirm your enrollment.
Once enrolled, you can send the following text commands to short code 55124:
- BAL: Balances for each of your accounts, including joint accounts and linked external accounts (unless you’ve hidden an account)
- BAL CHK: Balances for all checking accounts
- BAL SAV: Balances for all savings accounts
- BAL INV: Balances for all certificate, investment, or tiered money market accounts
- BAL LOAN: Balances for all auto loans, mortgages, close-ended, or open-ended loans
- Help: Returns a list of valid Text Banking commands
- Stop: Disables Text Banking
We recommend that you add our short-code to your mobile phone’s address book. Please note: Text Banking will not work if a Short Code Messaging block was put on your phone. You may receive an error code or an ambiguous command message if they are being blocked. You will need to contact your carrier to remove the block in order to utilize Text Banking
Managing Your Text Banking Access
Update Your Text Banking Phone Number - If you ever need to update the phone number you use for Text Banking, you can do so through the Contact tab within Internet Banking Settings.
Deactivate Text Banking - You can text STOP to 55124, or you can go can uncheck the Enable Text Banking link on the Contact tab within Internet Banking Settings. You can always activate Text Banking again at a later date if you change your mind.
Lost / Stolen Mobile Devices – If your mobile device is lost or stolen, you can deactivate Text Banking by unchecking the Enable Text Banking link on the Contact tab within Internet Banking Settings. If you get a new phone number/device, you can activate Text Banking again at a later date.
Additional Troubleshooting, FAQs, and Usage Tips
Online Banking Disclosures