Buying or refinancing a home is about you. That's why we have streamlined the process into easy steps:
Select the Type of Loan You Want
Answer some basic questions to help you decide which loan is best for you. At that point, we'll provide a variety of loan options based on:
- Your monthly income
- How much you owe
- How much you want to spend on your new house, or if you're refinancing, how much do you still owe
- How much you have to put down
- How long you're planning to stay in your new home
- How much flexibility you have with your monthly payments
You will be able to preview a variety of loan programs and pricing options. For your information on total costs, you can use estimated closing costs tools to view the costs associated with a specific loan program. Closing costs are expenses incurred by the buyer/borrower and the seller in a real estate or mortgage transaction. These may include, but are not limited to: points, taxes, settlement fees, vendor fees, such as appraisal, title and escrow, and various kinds of applicable insurance including flood or hazard insurance.
If you have any questions, just contact us.
Apply for the Loan
We've pared our loan application down to only the most essential information. Here's what we need to know:
- Borrower Information - the basics about you.
- Property Information - the basics about the property you want to finance.
- Income - what you make.
- Assets - what you plan to use for the down payment and closing costs.
- Liabilities - what you owe and to whom. We will run a credit report to confirm liabilities and fill in that section of the application for you. (You'll have a chance to review and make any corrections.)
- Declarations - a few more questions to complete your application.
In many cases, we can immediately credit-approve your loan request. Your pre-approval approves a specific loan amount and loan program based on your income and debts. It is subject to underwriting the home you are financing, and verification of the information you've provided us on your application.
Underwriting is the process of evaluating a loan application to determine the risk involved for the lender. It involves an analysis of the borrower's ability and willingness to repay the debt, and the value of the property.
Processing Your Loan
When we process your loan, we verify the information you've provided us on your loan application. We will request documentation to verify assets and income. Your new home, or existing home if you are refinancing, will be reviewed by ordering an appraisal, title report, and flood certification on the home. Payment will be required for these services and will be applied toward your closing costs.
Final Loan Approval
Final loan approval involves underwriting your new home or existing home (if you are refinancing), and the information on your loan application. Once we've reviewed this information, we will give you a final approval, and then we will start to prepare your loan for closing.
With final loan approval, we prepare the loan documents for you to sign and send them to a closing agent, or attorney, for final signatures. A closing will be scheduled through our closing agent, or attorney. The closing agent, or attorney, will provide you and/or your attorney a complete list of required items once a closing date has been set.
If you have questions and would like to speak with a mortgage professional, please complete the form below.